Sonoma County Trip Planner
Welcome to Sonoma County!
Synonymous with wine production in the United States, Sonoma County can be found north of San Francisco and just west of the Napa Valley, another famous U.S. wine region. While wine is at the forefront in Sonoma, there are numerous other activities to recommend this area as a travel destination. From the aquatic attractions of the Sonoma Coast to the balloon rides over the expanse of vineyards in the north and south parts of the county, Sonoma welcomes visitors year round with a choice of accommodations, restaurants and services that rivals larger California travel stops. The arts are strongly represented in this part of California as well, with numerous potters, painters and more calling Sonoma home, resulting in an impressive collection of galleries. Of course, a trip to this region is not complete without a visit to some of the many wineries and vineyards that dot the landscape.
Current & Upcoming Events [ View All ]
Looking for something to do in Sonoma County? Check out these current and upcoming events. If you know of an event that is not listed in the travel guide, please feel free to add an event listing (it's free).
- Counter-Culture Comix Sale and Talk By Jonah Raskin
Aug 28 » Santa Rosa, CA
- Art Museum Brunch Fundraiser
Aug 30 » Santa Rosa, CA
- Documentary Film: Robert Williams Mr. Bitchin
Sep 10 » Santa Rosa, CA
- Opening Reception for 27th Annual Artistry in Wood Exhibition
Sep 11 » Santa Rosa, CA
- Traditional Greenwood Chair making: A Demonstration by Dan Stalzer
Sep 19 » Santa Rosa, CA
- Tool Time with Michael Cullin and Larry Stroud
Sep 24 » Santa Rosa, CA
- Pink Elephant Sale - Bargains and Beers
Oct 02 to Oct 03 » Santa Rosa, CA
- With Wakened Hands: James Krenov's Legacy
Oct 15 » Santa Rosa, CA