Sonoma County Trip Planner
Welcome to Sonoma County!
Synonymous with wine production in the United States, Sonoma County can be found north of San Francisco and just west of the Napa Valley, another famous U.S. wine region. While wine is at the forefront in Sonoma, there are numerous other activities to recommend this area as a travel destination. From the aquatic attractions of the Sonoma Coast to the balloon rides over the expanse of vineyards in the north and south parts of the county, Sonoma welcomes visitors year round with a choice of accommodations, restaurants and services that rivals larger California travel stops. The arts are strongly represented in this part of California as well, with numerous potters, painters and more calling Sonoma home, resulting in an impressive collection of galleries. Of course, a trip to this region is not complete without a visit to some of the many wineries and vineyards that dot the landscape.
Current & Upcoming Events [ View All ]
Looking for something to do in Sonoma County? Check out these current and upcoming events. If you know of an event that is not listed in the travel guide, please feel free to add an event listing (it's free).
- MUSEUM TALK: THE ART OF ALISON SAAR
Mar 05 » Santa Rosa, CA
- Annual Barrel Tasting Weekend
Mar 06 to Mar 15 » Healdsburg
- CLAIMING CITIZENSHIP: ETHNIC AND RACIAL COMMUNITIES AT THE PANAMA-PACIFIC INTERNATIONAL EXPOSITION
Mar 09 » Santa Rosa, CA
- FILM SCREENING: HEARING RADMILLA
Mar 12 » Santa Rosa, CA
- Sonoma Valley Film Festival
Mar 25 to Mar 29 » Sonoma, CA
- THE ESTABLISHMENT OF ALLENSWORTH: NAVIGATING JIM CROW AMERICA
Mar 26 » Santa Rosa, CA
- MUSEUM TALK: CITIZENS CREEK, A NOVEL
Mar 28 » Santa Rosa, CA
- APPRAISAL CLINIC WITH MARCUS & ROSALIE WARDELL, ISA AM OR WARDELL APPRAISALS AND BONHAMS
Apr 24 » Santa Rosa, CA
- WEST COAST ELVIS TRIBUTE
May 23 » Petaluma, CA